Birmingham Tooth Fillings Keep Your Smile Beautiful & Healthy
About a quarter of adults have untreated cavities. Source.
At Newingham Dental Center, your dentists help smiles of all ages by gently removing tooth decay caused by cavities and providing tooth-colored fillings in Birmingham. With our dentists’ expertise, our high-quality composite fillings will:
- Protect your tooth and restore its natural function and integrity
- Prevent further problems with your tooth
- Make biting and chewing easier
- Blend in beautifully with your smile
Call 248-972-8720 today to schedule a restorative dentistry appointment at our office!
Repair Your Teeth With High-Quality, Tooth-Colored Fillings
Plaque and bacteria can build up on your teeth and cause decay. This decay will spread through your tooth, infecting and destroying the structure of your tooth until the decayed portions are removed.
Your dentists at Newingham Dental Center use DIAGNOdent laser technology during your dental exams to locate any cavities, no matter how tiny they may be. If they notice any decay, they will gently remove it and clean your tooth. Depending on the size and location of the decayed portion, they may apply a little anesthetic to keep you comfortable during the procedure. Once the tooth is clean, they will fill your cavity with a tooth-colored filling.
We use a composite resin for our metal-free and mercury-free fillings. The resin comes in several shades so we can use a color that perfectly matches your natural tooth. This resin also gives the tooth additional strength and integrity when you bite and chew.
Your dentist will review with you what your dental filling needs are and will we will schedule the appropriate appointment time to complete your care. They will:
- Apply the resin to your tooth, sculpting it so it covers all the damaged area
- Use a special ultraviolet light that causes the resin to set and bond with your tooth
- Adjust and polish the filling to make sure it feels comfortable and natural and does not interfere with your bite or the appearance of your smile
You’ll be in and out in no time, and your tooth will be good as new! If you have more severe decay in a molar, we may instead recommend inlays or onlays, also made of discreet material, to protect a larger portion of the tooth.
Call 248-972-8720 if you think you need Birmingham tooth fillings.