Getting your smile repaired doesn’t mean you’re going to have to deal with a different regimen of oral hygiene. To find out just how easy it is to keep dental implant crowns and bridges in good shape with the same oral hygiene habits you maintain for your natural teeth, call Newingham Dental Center at 248-972-8720 to book a totally free consultation with us.
For over four decades, our Birmingham, MI dentist office has been helping patients in our local community and surrounding areas repair and maintain their smiles. If your smile is damaged, we’ll do all we can to help you:
- Regain your full oral function so you can chew your favorite crunchy or chewy foods in comfort again
- Feel confident about your appearance by returning your smile to its former glory
- More thoroughly chew your foods so you can improve your digestion and even your overall health as well
- Get rid of pain or discomfort when you are eating
Compared to other options for replacing significantly damaged or already missing teeth, dental implants offer a lot of advantages. When it comes to restorative dentistry services, they may just be the closest thing to your natural teeth. We’ll help you determine the best solution for your situation and needs, but for now, you should keep in mind that implants:
- Are incredibly convincing in how they feel, function, and look
- Can restore the majority of the chewing power of your natural teeth – up to 90 percent
- Help your jawbone stay healthy by preventing deterioration, which also helps you maintain your youthful look for longer
- Are very durable and can even last for the rest of your lifetime with proper care
In a lot of cases, dental insurance plans will not cover the cost of dental implant options. But if you are interested in this particular treatment, we want to do our part to help make that possible. To make things a little easier when it comes to covering the cost of implants, we accept a variety of payment options, including financing through CareCredit.
We also offer some extended hours that some other dentists do not. This way, you’ll be able to better fit the dental appointments you need into your busy schedule. In addition to opening as early as 7:00 a.m., we stay open as late as 7:00 p.m.
Clean Your Dental Implants Just Like Your Natural Teeth
Unlike removable restorative treatments, dental crowns and bridges attached to dental implants do not require any special cleansers or adhesives. They stay firmly in place and work just like your natural teeth. And, just like your natural chompers, all you need to do to take care of them is:
- Brush twice a day with toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Floss between all of your teeth at least once daily
- Maintain routine dental cleanings and exams every six months
- Use an ADA-approved mouthwash or rinse if recommended or desired
In order to get dental implants placed, your jawbone will need to be strong, dense, thick, and healthy. If you’ve been told by another dentist that you are not a good candidate for implants, we can provide a free second opinion. That’s right, you can get a free consultation and second opinion so you won’t have to commit to anything before getting all the information you need to make an informed decision.
At our Birmingham, MI dentist office, we collaborate with a local specialist to get your implants put in your jaw. Once they are attached, we can then restore your implants with:
- Same-day dental crowns, which completely replace individual teeth
- Same-day dental bridges, which span the gap left by multiple adjacent missing teeth
At many other dental offices, you would have to put up with a temporary dental implant restoration for a few weeks while your personalized tooth replacement is made. But because we have invested in an in-house CEREC milling machine, we can create your restoration to exacting specifications in a single visit to our office!
We also use a few other state-of-the-art dental machines to ensure your procedure goes as smoothly as possible, including:
- Digital X-ray and digital panoramic machines
- Intraoral cameras
If you’d like to learn more about dental implant crowns and bridges and their many perks, call Newingham Dental Center at 248-972-8720. You can also use our online form or swing by our easy-to-find Birmingham, MI dentist office in person to schedule or ask a team member any questions you have.