- October 6, 2016
Your jaw hurts when you use it. You either have to never talk or eat again, or you have to live with the pain, right? Not at all. Call us today at 248-972-8720 for TMJ pain treatments.
What Is TMD?
TMD is the name for when your jaw joints (or TMJ) are sore and stressed. This leads to many problems, including:
- Difficulty opening and closing your mouth
- Jaw pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Pain in your neck, shoulders, and back
- Headaches and migraines
You do not need to suffer from those. Call us today to see if changing your bite or using an oral appliance is best for your specific case. Dr. Newingham has successfully helped many patients relieve their TMJ pain and live normally again.
Here’s what living a day with severe TMJ symptoms can be like.
Living With Severe TMJ Symptoms
In the morning
- The alarm goes off, and you’re relieved. Jaw pain woke you over an hour ago, but you’re too tired to get out of bed. Now, at least you have a reason. You carefully move your jaw, testing the pain. It’s stiff and hurts. This isn’t going to be a good day. You have a giant bottle of pain relievers next to your bed, so you take a few.
- You have to eat something. You know that. But you also hate that. Chewing can be painful with your TMJ problems. So you make a bowl of cereal, wait until the milk makes it really soggy, and force it down.
- The kids are getting up, and all of their noise and running around is giving you a headache. You fear that will turn into a migraine, so instead of playing with them a little, you grab your things and head out the door.
Call us today for TMJ treatment. You do not need to suffer in the mornings like this. Dr. Newingham can help eliminate your pain when eating and reduce your migraines.
During the day
- Traffic wasn’t too bad, but it was bad enough to make you more stressed. You can feel tension building in your shoulders, and that only makes the pain there worse. You can even feel the pain spreading into your neck and back. But at least you’re at work.
- There are several projects that need your attention, but it’s hard to focus. That headache turned into a migraine even after the pain relievers. Your coworkers want to chat and socialize a bit, but talking can make your TMJ pain worse. You ignore them and try to get things done.
- Lunch arrives. People ask if you want to order some pizza, and you do. But you say no so you don’t have to chew that much. As everyone eats pizza, you slowly eat some yoghurt and apple sauce. Your TMJ starts to pop and squeak, and you can see glance from others wondering what’s wrong.
- The hunger, pain, and jaw stiffness gets to you. You snap at a coworker who made a simple mistake. Soon enough, you’re talking to your supervisor about why you snapped. You try to explain about TMJ pain, but it sounds like a lame excuse.
By calling Newingham Dental Center at 248-972-8720, you can get relief from such pain and lack of focus. Dr. Newingham can treat your TMJ pain so the stress doesn’t get to you.
In the evening
- You hit rush hour traffic, and the stress makes it all worse. You take more pain relievers than you probably should. The migraine finally goes away. However, the pain in your neck has triggered a ringing in your ears. It’s hard to hear the radio.
- It’s time for dinner with the family. The kids talk about their day at school, but you have trouble hearing them with the ringing. Your jaw makes popping and clicking noises when you eat, which the kids find funny. That just irritates you more. You stop eating halfway through dinner and go to be alone.
- You’re dead tired. But since your TMD is keeping you from resting through the night, you do not look forward to going to bed. You do it because you know you need the rest. Eventually, you fall asleep. You wake up in the middle of the night with pain in your head, neck, jaw, and back. No position feels comfortable.
Stop dealing with pain, stress, and lost sleep by calling our Birmingham, MI dental office now. Dr. Newingham has treated many TMJ pain cases. This means he has the experience to know how to help you live pain-free again.
Call us TODAY at 248-972-8720 for TMJ treatments. Stop living in pain.